Tuesday 18 October 2011

Target audience research

Slide one shows the ratio of my audience, With the majority being boys being at 13 and girls at 8.

Slide two shows the amount of hours watched. Statistically the majority of of boys watch between 2 to 3 hours of television per day whereas the gils watch around 1 to 2 hours. This signifies that I will have to make my animation very interesting to keep my audience's attention for this short time.

Slide three shows which channels are most popular and with which gender. with boys the most popular channels were CBBC, BBC1, Nickelodeon, or other. CBBC, BBC1, or other were the most voted by girls. This means that the majority of the chanels are aimed at childrens programs, so I will host my film on these channels as a short film.

Slides four to six are the groups reactions to three animated films; Wallace and Gromit, Chicken Run, and Coraline. Interestingly Wallace and Gromit receive the greater reviews despite being the oldest film. This is most likely due to the fact that the audience can relate more towards a human than to the birds of chicken run and Coraline was not broadly seen.

The seventh and final slide shows what kind of humour is most popular with my target audience. This information can be effectively used in the planning of my story with plenty of slapstick being used throughout the film. 

1 comment:

  1. generally a description and no analytical enough
    action
    check colours - boy/girl swaps after the first slide and it confused me

    Draw more incisive and reflective conclusions as to SPECIFICALLY how it will influence your own production

    plus consider how effective the instrument was

    ReplyDelete