Friday 17 February 2012

Sound and Foley and Copyright

The finished animation has no sound to it, so I will have to source my music and sounds using royalty free music off of the internet or ask permission from bands. I can also create my own music using the art of Foley. Foley is creating sound effects to use in other productions; for example, in the British drama Doctor Who, the TARDIS sound effects are created by running a key up and down a piano wire to create a unquie sound. I will use this technique to create sound effects for my film. I may also have to do some voice acting, to give Jack a voice.

EDIT:
I have found a piece of music for a background track that I think could be suitable. It is called 'What a bad idea' and was created by and submitted to the website http://www.newgrounds.com/ . I have emailed him asking for his permission to use the piece. The piece can be listen to here: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/471678


EDIT 2:
 Veronina replied to my email, granting me permission to use this piece of music. 

The music provided uses Creative commons licence, this means that I can use the music as long as I give credit to the creator, do not use the ice for commercial reasons unless I gain permission from the creator, which I have. I am also legally allowed to distribute the music if I edit it, but only using an identical licence. 

1 comment:

  1. has he replied with/without permission - if not you cannot use it
    Plus ensure that you include copyright permissions in this post - how do they apply to you
    if you have permission please add / link the evidence to your posts

    ReplyDelete